We are able to tailor activities to suit:
- Mountain or valley walking – whatever your aspirations and for any part of the Lake District. We can suggest some amazing walks through all terrain types from gentle valley trails to high and rocky mountain tops.
- Rock climbing – there is so much diversity to the rock climbing here in the Lake District and this means something for all tastes and ability levels. Maybe you are just starting out and want to get hands on real rock for the first time. We can show you some amazing climbs with fantastic views. Starting easy to build confidence, and we can add in ever more challenging climbs throughout the day.
- Rock scrambling – the adrenaline rush of moving freely over steep, rocky terrain is addictive. The sensation and feeling is hard to explain, let’s just say it’s fantastic. The beauty of scrambling is also in its diversity, there are routes to suit everyone. Walkers wanting to explore beyond the path and venture onto rocky terrain, a grade 1 scramble such as Jacks Rake or Striding Edge are perfect starters. Or maybe you’re an occasional climber but now want to explore the rocky terrain higher in the mountains and learn how to move safely with a rope. For this the higher grade routes will be more appropriate, Pinnacle Ridge on St. Sunday crag being one example.
- Mountaineering – What is mountaineering? Different things to different people. In short, it’s travelling through the mountains on foot. But there is so much more to it than that. Our take on it is: to scramble, walk, and climb to reach a summit or significant high point. Using a variety of skills including navigating, rock climbing and roped scrambling we make safe and efficient progress through rough mountainous terrain. It draws many skills together and makes for tremendously satisfying days out
- During any day out with us, you can expect to learn new skills and maybe refresh the current skill set. We are always on hand to explain techniques being applied and will endeavour to answer any questions you may have.